Welcoming my 42nd birthday with light, love and laughter.
Weather like this makes us crave for that comfort food only mom can cook. This recipe (with a minor adjustment) is actually from my Uncle and is my husbands most favorite pre-nap dish. Enjoy and zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Where’s the remote?
Crock Pot2 Roast
1 (3 lb) beef roast, (Whatever cut is your favorite, or on sale)
1 packet onion soup mix
1/2 packet of dried Italian salad dressing mix
1/2 cup water
Veggies & potatoes
– Rub the onion soup mix all over the roast
– Place in crock pot fat side down
– Add your potatoes and water around the roast and cook for 8 hrs on low
– At the 4 hour mark, add any veggies (I use baby carrots, sliced mushrooms and onions)
– Season veggies with the ½ package of Italian salad dressing mix
– Check around the 7 hour mark to see if meat is tender enough
– Cook longer until desired texture
By now you are probably tired hearing about 12/12/12. Before I let this day pass, wanted to invoke the magic, aura and energy of today to help me improve myself. One soon-to-be new years resolution will be cooking.
Mom, thanks for this recipe and here’s to setting goals!
P.S. I’ll pass on the vitsin 😉